Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Orbis Terrarum 2009



I am so excited to sign up for the Orbis Terrarum for 2009. I love international authors ans this will be the PERFECT opportunity for me to pickup some great books.

Here are the mini rules for the challenge -
*The Orbis Terrarum Challenge begins March 1 2009(you are welcome to join later) Through the end of 2009.
*For the challenge each reader is to choose 10 books (for the 10 months).
*Each book must from a different country, I have decided to go by the country of origin of the author, or the country he/she lives in is fine as well.
*You don't have to have a list, that means you can change your mind at any time. As long as there are 10 from 10 different countries, written by 10 different authors: Anything goes.

More info and sign up on the OT blog.

I am going to maintain a floating list of books I will be picking up for this challenge.

March 2009 - The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga (India)
April 2009 - Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi (Iran)

4 comments:

  1. Goms, welcome to Bethany's challenge. It was a lot of fun last year, and I think it will be even more fun for me this year since I'm interested in eventually reading those first two books on your list! Looking forward to your reviews. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY, welcome! Thanks for joining the OT challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Richard, I am sure it will be loads of fun! Looking fwd to sharing those reviews soon.

    @Bethany, Thanks for hosting it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Goms! Thanks for dropping by my blog. Yes, you're right about Middle Eastern literature, but I've manage to find quite a few writers (at least Israeli ones) who have managed to write about the human condition without necessarily putting emphasis on the political climate, which I appreciate!

    Glad to have you join the OT challenge. Both of the books you've listed so far are on my TBR-list, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of them!

    ReplyDelete